Creating different water kefir recipes is a matter of creativity. Water Kefir is not only a probiotic drink but a very versatile ingredient for creating different delicious recipes. Nowadays, various recipes based on water kefir have emerged, which besides being delicious, are beneficial for our body.
Table of Contents
These Are Some of the Best Water Kefir Recipes:
| Water Kefir Soda (Citrus soda) |
Kefir water-based soft drinks are an excellent option to stay healthy by tasting an exquisite drink based on natural ingredients, which unlike the soft drinks that we usually consume, water kefir is totally natural and nutritious and instead of causing harm, it offers us benefits and properties for our entire body.
Preparing this recipe is very easy and only a few ingredients are needed.
- 3 tablespoons of water kefir grains
- 35-50 g of sugar (to taste)
- Dehydrated fruit (your choice)
- Orange/ Lemon
Airtight bottle with the lid.
To prepare this delicious soda we simply fill our container with water. Then you must add sugar (depending on your preference) then add the dehydrated fruit together with lemon/orange wheels and a little lemon/orange juice. To finish, add the water kefir grains and let it ferment for a certain time between 24 and 72 hours.
| Water Kefir Shake |
To make this drink much more delicious, it is preferable to choose 3 fruits of your preference.
- Watermelon, strawberry, and pineapple.
- A glass of fermented kefir water. (450 ml)
Use the blender, add the pieces of selected fruit, with a little water (enough to make the liquid less thick) and a little sugar. When this mixture is well dissolved, you should add the liquefied fruits to the container that contains the water kefir. Now let it ferment for another 24 hours or consume it immediately.
Drink immediately, it is recommended to use the previously frozen fruits in order to make a refreshing shake.
| Energetic Tropical Smoothie |
This drink is ideal to take before starting to exercise or after finishing the exercise. It is also recommended to take it after a long day of work to reduce a little fatigue.
- 3 pineapple wheels
- 1 carrot
- 100 ml coconut water
- 300 ml of water kefir
- Honey or sugar
- Bring all the ingredients to the blender except kefir. After liquefying it thoroughly, mix the water kefir with the liquefied ingredients.
- Serve and drink.
| Probiotic Ice Cream |
This ice cream, besides being simple to make and very refreshing on hot days, it will provide our body with multitudes of benefits.
- A glass of water kefir (previously frozen for 24 hours)
- Fruits like strawberry, watermelon, cranberry, orange, lemon, banana.
- Sugar or honey to taste.
1. Bring the selected fruit (can also be a combination of fruits) together with the frozen water kefir (in cubes or crushed) to the blender and liquefy them very well.
2. Take the mixture to the refrigerator to freeze (ice cream) or take it as a frappe.
| Natural Cider Based on Water and Apple |
This is a drink very similar to cider with the difference being that this one is 100% natural and very low in alcohol.
- 4 tablespoons of water kefir grains.
- 300 ml of apple juice.
1. Mix the apple with a little water.
2. Place the apple juice in a glass jar with the lid and add a couple of tablespoons of water kefir grains.
3. Close the container and let it ferment for at least two days.
| Refreshing Ginger and Lemon Drink |
- 500 ml of water kefir
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 Ginger root peeled and sliced thin
- Sugar or honey
1. Add the water kefir in an airtight container with a lid.
2. Add the lemon juice together with the ginger.
3. Close the bottle and leave it to ferment for 48 to 72 hours or more to obtain a carbonated drink.
4. Refrigerate, serve and drink.
| Water Kefir Based on Coconut Water |
- 3 tablespoons of water kefir grains.
- 150 ml of water.
- 150 ml of coconut water.
- Glass jar.
- Cloth swath to protect from insects and dirt and it must allow the drink to breathe.
- Elastic rubber to adjust the fabric to the container.
- Plastic strainer to remove the water kefir grains when the process finishes.
- For the second fermentation, you will need a hermetic bottle in order to create the sensation of a soda.
1. Combine the coconut water with the water kefir grains in a glass container.
2. Allow the fermentation for a period of approximately 24 to 48 hours at room temperature.
3. After 20 hours you should try to see what level of fermentation is your preference.
4. After the fermentation time has elapsed, you must remove the water kefir grains with the plastic strainer and store them properly for the next fermentation.
- The water kefir based on coconut water is ready to be consumed but you can now make the second fermentation in case you want to have a softer drink.
- The ingredients should be placed in a bottle preferably with an airtight lid and let it ferment at room temperature for another 48 hours.
- You must open the bottle a couple of times during the process to let out the excess gas (if you want it to be more carbonated skip this step)
- After 48 hours have passed you can now consume your delicious water kefir soda.
| Refreshing Citrus and Watermelon Drink |
- 1 leaf of mint.
- 2 cups of watermelon
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup of water kefir (350 ml)
Bring the orange juice and lemon juices together with the watermelon pieces (preferably frozen), the mint leaves, a little more sugar (if you prefer) and liquefy everything, then mix it with the water kefir. Your drink is ready!
| Pancakes Base Water Kefir |
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 100 ml of water kefir
- 1 glass wheat flour or oatmeal (depending on the desired consistency)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 spoons of almond oil, soy or melted butter
- 1 glass of hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1. In a large bowl add two eggs together with two tablespoons of sugar, then mix them for a period of 2 minutes at maximum speed.
2. Add a glass of water kefir along with the flour, half a tablespoon of salt and continue to mix.
3. Add three tablespoons of oil or butter together with the glass of hot water, baking soda, and mix for a while until there is a consistency of a dough.
4. Let the dough rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Heat the pan and spread a little oil to prevent the dough from sticking to the pan.
6. After the pan is hot enough, add the dough and create a thin layer.
7. Fry on one side for a period of one and a half minutes.
8. After the edges are golden, turn it over to fry on the other side, this time only for 20 to 30 seconds.
9. Once the time has passed we must remove it from the pan and put it on a plate to begin filling them with either with jam, chocolate or fruit.
In case you want to fill the pancakes with fruits you should chop the selected fruits into small pieces.
| Semi-Integral Spelled Bread |
- 100 ml of water.
- 300 g of water kefir.
- 250 g of wholemeal spelled flour
- 150 g of white spelled flour.
- 30 g of wheat gluten.
- 10 ml of oil.
- 8 g of salt.
- 5 g of sugar.
- 3 g of baking powder.
- pieces of pepper.
1. Put the liquids in a large container first, then add the rest of the ingredients in each corner of the container (except the peppers).
2. To start creating the dough you can use an automatic kneading machine or do it manually for a period of 20 minutes, while the dough is forming, you should add peppers in pieces.
3. At the end of the beating time, leave the dough in a warm place covered with a towel and let the yeast work for a set time of 45 minutes so that the dough doubles its size.
4. Remove the dough from the container, shape it, apply some peppers on top and put it on a bread baking tray or a cake pan can also be useful.
5. Use the oven at a temperature of 180 degrees Celsius and bake it for 45 to 60 minutes.
| Flavored Gelatine of Water Kefir |
Ingredients (for 10 servings):
- one cup of water kefir
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup of cold water
- natural flavoring
1. Begin to hydrate the unflavored gelatin in the cup with cold water.
2. In a large bowl, add the kefir along with the sugar and mix them well, then add the flavor of your preference and continue mixing until all the ingredients are incorporated.
3. Put the unflavored gelatin to the microwave oven for a period of 20 seconds to dilute it.
4. Add the unflavored gelatin with the water kefir and mix to integrate everything perfectly.
5. Finally, we must place the mixture in a mold for jellies and take it to the refrigerator until it is done
| Orange Muffins Based on Water Kefir |
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1/4 tablespoon of salt
- 3/4 cup water kefir flavored with an orange drink
- 1/4 cup of edible oil
- Vanilla extract
- grated orange skin
- 50 grams of black chocolate sparks (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. In a large container, mix the liquid ingredients: orange water kefir, vanilla extract, oil, and orange peel. In another bowl, mix the dry ones: flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, chocolate, and salt.
3. Mix the dry ones with the liquid ingredients little by a little while mixing. Mix for 15 minutes.
4. Place the mixture in muffin molds and place in the oven for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.