Nowadays kefir has taken an important place in the range of products best valued to lose weight. Kefir makes you lose weight in a healthy and natural way. It is a probiotic food with high nutritional levels and it contains multitudes of benefits for our body that contribute to weight loss. Each type of kefir (water and milk) is consumed in different portions because the ingredients used in the fermentation are different. For that reason, you have to modify the portions of consumption to achieve the pre-established goal, which in this case is the loss of weight.
It is important to clarify that the most advisable thing to do is to adapt this food to your everyday diet. This makes the process of weight loss more pleasant. The results will depend on each person because the first thing that the consumption of kefir does to you is improving and balancing the functions of the body and body’s metabolism. After that, you will start to see the physical changes, such as weight loss.
Table of Contents
How to Consume Water Kefir for Weight Loss?
Now let’s talk about how much kefir to drink for weight loss? The recommended intake of water kefir is one liter per day (no more than a glass between meals). Drink either directly or mixed with some fruit. By drinking water kefir before eating any other food it acts faster because its passage through the digestive tract is easier. For that reason, its effects are much better. That is why it is recommended to take it before any meal.
- Fasting (before breakfast): 350 ml. If you are a person who does physical exercises in the morning, it is recommended that you take a glass before exercising. That lets kefir make its way through the stomach before breakfast.
- Snack: Take it at an approximate time from 3:00 to 4:00 o’clock in the afternoon. You can make a water kefir drink with natural flavorings such as zucchini cream or a fruit drink.
- Hours before dinner: 300ml. It is advisable to take it 1 to 2 hours before dinner.
How to Consume Milk Kefir for Weight Loss?
Take 1 to 2 glasses a day of milk kefir. Either between breakfast and lunch, during the snack time or between lunch and dinner. Consume about 300 to 500 ml a day. You can add nuts, apple, cinnamon, flax seeds, sweeteners to improve both its flavor, nutritive levels and to reduce the acidity it has. Kefir has a little more acidic taste than the traditional yogurt.
The recommended intake of milk kefir is less than the water kefir. Because it is much heavier and it does not act as directly as the water kefir does.
The most recommended way to drink milk kefir:
- Fasting (before breakfast): 450 ml of milk kefir. You can also take 450 ml of milk kefir as a complete breakfast with no other foods with it.
- Before dinner: it is recommended to take it 2-3 hours before dinner. Have a glass of milk kefir 500 ml (before 7 pm) or 300 ml (after 7 and before 9 pm).
Although milk kefir is tolerable for almost all types of people, it is recommended to start drinking 3 glasses a day and increase with time. This will adapt your body to this new product.
It is important to consider the proportions and programs mentioned above to achieve better results. Kefir that is consumed before any meal is much more effective. Also, there are many ways to consume kefir and to improve its flavor. You will start seeing weight loss results within 2 weeks of its consumption.
Health Benefits of the Kefir
There are many people who are unaware that kefir can aid your body in losing the excess weight. You can lose weight thanks to all the benefits it brings to our body. Our body always has problems with a metabolic imbalance that prevents us from losing weight. When consuming kefir it brings that balance to our body. Thanks to it and the benefits it provides, we can improve the functions in our body, as well as achieve the metabolic stability, the benefits that contribute specifically to lowering weight are the following:
1. It helps to regenerate the bacterial flora, improving constipation and digestion, allowing a better metabolism of fats and at the same time eliminates all the toxins in our body that cause us to be overweight.
2. It contains a high amount of protein. This helps to accelerate the metabolism of our body (since there are people with metabolic overweight). The consumption of kefir can regulate high levels of cholesterol in the blood. Which is beneficial for people with metabolic syndrome.
3. It is a low-calorie drink, 100 grams only contribute to 40 kilocalories. Kefir provides vitamins and high nutrients necessary for our body.
4. It facilitates the digestion process preventing the excessive accumulation of fats.
5. Stabilizes blood glucose levels by inhibiting anxiety from eating sweets or high-fat foods.
6. Improves the cardiovascular system, increasing resistance when doing physical exercises.
All these benefits are the factors that contribute to weight loss. It is important to clarify that the results vary depending on each person. It depends on the body mass index of a person before the beginning of losing weight. For example, if there is a desire to get rid of only a few kilograms, a fasting week using kefir as a supplement will make wonders.
Some Questions You May Have About These Two Types of Kefir:
The milk kefir is better in taste. Water kefir is much better in effectiveness because when taken directly, it acts more quickly. Also, you can add almost any flavor to water kefir.
Yes, because in the process of fermentation, microorganisms from kefir are responsible for breaking down dairy products. This provides better tolerance for all kinds of people. Still, if you want a completely dairy free product you can use water kefir.
If I Am Vegetarian / Vegan How Can I Make Milk Kefir?
It is best to use cow’s milk or goat milk, but you can also use soy, almond or coconut milk.